Local filmmakers contribute to campaign coinciding with National Adopt-a-Shelter-Dog Month.
Atlanta Pet Rescue & Adoption (APRA) (www.atlantapetrescue.org) is a non-profit, volunteer-based, no-kill shelter dedicated to rescuing, rehabilitating and placing dogs and cats into safe and loving homes. APRA has helped over 14,000 dogs and cats find their forever homes since the organization was founded in 2000, and this work has been notably recognized by Atlanta couple Britton Hammett-McCurry and John McCurry, who adopted their terrier mix Ichabod (pictured in a still from the PSA below) from APRA and have expressed gratitude with their filmmaking talents.
All animals featured in the meaningful, effective and beautifully-crafted video they have created for APRA (for presentation as encouragement of pet adoptions from local rescue groups) are rescues, and the video release coincides perfectly with October’s title as National Adopt-a-Shelter-Dog Month.
To read the APRA press release, click here.
Please view the APRA Public Service Announcement here (it’s great!): Atlanta Pet Rescue & Adoption PSA
- Activism, Advocacy and the Choices We Make - Audio interview with Aubrie from Paws 4 Change
- Saving Dogs in Korea and Los Angeles - Interview with Happy Angels Dog Rescue
- The sweetest way to help dogs in need - Interview with Rescue Chocolate
- Bring Loyalty Home - Interview with Pets for Patriots founder Beth Zimmerman
- Commercials with animals make a greater impact: True or False?