Dog owners are living a healthier life.
It’s not just the exercise you get while walking your dog. It’s much more your dog gives you. Good for the body, good for the mind. Scientific studies show that owning a dog has real physical and psychological benefits.
There’s no doubt that Americans love their pets. More than 57 percent of U.S. households own one or more animals. A new survey by the American Veterinary Medical Association shows that Dogs improve our emotional and physical being. Your medicine could be a dog, instead of a pill. Dogs provide companionship and unconditional love, but they also reduce your loneliness, lower your blood cholesterol level, enhance your life, fight depression and get the beneficial effects of dogs.
Health benefits for dog owners and why insurance companies like people with dogs:
- dog owners have lower blood pressure
- dog owners have lower blood cholesterol levels
- dog owners have a higher survival rate after serious illness
- dog owners have fewer doctors’ visits
- dog ownership reduces loneliness
- dog ownership fights depression
- dog ownership helps us cope with stress
- dog ownership aids childhood development
- dog owners enhance family life
Get a dog and enjoy the benefits of a dog owner!
Hike or bike?on 2012-08-22 12:00:23
30 miles/hour can kill you and your dogon 2013-04-18 01:14:57
Lost Dogs: Hows, Whys and Lowering the Riskon 2012-10-27 04:03:54
Counterfeits Pet Products - Designed to look legiton 2012-04-24 16:27:25
'I Want a Dog, But All That Hair?'on 2012-07-30 14:13:09
- How to use a prong collar and choke chain : I'm shocked how people use prong collars (pinch collar)...
- Home : ...
- Handmade leather dog collars by California Collar Co. in Los Angeles : California Collar Co. is a small artisan-run business ...