Education is key! We’ve recognized how many people are involved in animal rights and joining campaigns for the betterment of animal welfare, and are grateful to have spoken with The National Institute for Animal Advocacy, a project of the Connecticut Council for Humane Education, Inc. NIFAA was launched in 2002 by Julie E. Lewin to fill critical voids in the animal rights and rescue movements: the lack of a political culture and the absence of political training for advocates and groups.
About the interviewee: Julie is a sought-after speaker at animal advocacy events. Many advocacy groups ―large and small―have hosted her for short presentations and half and full-day training workshops. She has been a presenter at many law schools, colleges and universities. In 2006 the University of Massachusetts, Amherst acquired Julie’s collected papers to establish a Julie E. Lewin collection on animal rights.
Listen to Julie E. Lewin’s audio interview and learn about organizing and strategizing a political animal rights group.
NEW: We made it easy to listen to our audio interviews. This audio is 33 minutes of educational content. Use the little flags in the blue bar in the SoundCloud Player to navigate through the questions and content.
Order Julie’s book on their website and mention PackPeople to get a discount! Get Political for Animals and Win the Laws They Need is a comprehensive and easy-to-read manual that many leaders in the field recommend as a must-have. Advocates say it changes their form of advocacy. Order your copy here.
The National Institute for Animal Advocacy
You can find information about Julie’s upcoming webinars here.
Spreading the word can help save lives! If you liked the interview please share it with your community by clicking the Facebook and Twitter icons at the bottom of this article or feel free to leave a comment. Thank you for making an impact!
no images were found
- PAWS - Philadelphia's largest rescue organization in action - Audio Interview
- Why don't you get another one? - Audio Interview with Carie from Peace of Mind
- Support ASPCA's No-Pet-Store Campaign - It takes 1 min. to take the online pledge now
- Celebrating our 50th Interview!
- Adopt a senior dog! Muttville's story and gray muzzles.
- How to use a prong collar and choke chain I'm shocked how people use prong collars (pinch collar)...
- Owls Everywhere – What’s Happening? I don't know if I'm mistaken, but I see OWLS everyw...
- Handmade leather dog collars by California Collar Co. in Los Angeles California Collar Co. is a small artisan-run business ...