We need your support: my friend Marissa is volunteering for a great organization in Los Angeles called L.A. Love & Leashes and she has asked me to help get them some exposure. Please read what they do and how you can help support their awesome work.
This Thursday night, June 28th, there is a special benefit for L.A. Love & Leashes – the first non-profit run “pet store” that adopts out only animals from L.A.’s city animal shelters. Milo Greene, an LA-based band getting some big buzz recently (on Letterman Tuesday, profiled in the LA Times over the weekend http://soc.li/c0TUntD and sold out the Troubador last week) is playing. There will be an open bar, food (passed appetizers) by celebrity chef Sepi Kashanian and there is plenty of onsite parking.
If 100 tickets are sold, L.A. Love & Leashes can renew its lease after the summer. In their first six months, they’ve adopted out 224 dogs and cats (and one hamster) from LA’s city shelters. It’s a new, humane model for pet stores and the first and only store of its kind supporting our city shelters in L.A.
Where and when?: Thursday, June 28th, 7:30 – 10 p.m., 2750 Casitas St., Los Angeles, CA 90039
Please support this creative new model to increase shelter adoptions! Thank you for sharing and supporting.
- PackPeople adds your fundraising to our mission!
- When dogs turn into artists - A fun event in N.Y.
- New Facebook Fan Pages: Dog Adoption, Cat Adoption and @Lost_Pets
- Craigslist's shady pet advertisers contribute to mass killing of healthy animals [Updates]
- A new rescue program launched by Ruff Ruff & Meow
- How to use a prong collar and choke chain I'm shocked how people use prong collars (pinch collar)...
- Handmade leather dog collars by California Collar Co. in Los Angeles California Collar Co. is a small artisan-run business ...