We had the great pleasure to interview our dear friend Aubrie Kavanaugh (Paws4Change) a second time to talk about the “No Kill” movement in America. Our first interview with Aubrie covered general information about her animal advocate website www.paws4change.com, a highly informative source of information about animal welfare, puppy mills, shelter dogs, spay & neuter programs and many more animal-related topics. You should also check Aubrie’s Reading Room with many excellent book recommendations.
Aubrie is an animal advocate, supporting animal rescue groups. This time we discussed some interesting aspects about the no kill movement with her and shed some much-needed light on the term “no kill”, covering such topics as:
What is a “no-kill shelter” or how does a city get the title of a “no-kill city”? Who is responsible for the mass killing of dogs and cats in shelters? How many animals are destroyed in shelters each year and why?
Everyone who cares about animal welfare, animal rescue, animal adoption and/or his/her local pet rescue group should take 30 minutes to listen to this interview. We want to thank Aubrie for sharing this information with us and taking the time on the side of her actual work to help animals in America.
The dog in the picture, “Donut”, has a story. Please check his rescue story here.
Paws 4 Change
Interviewee: Aubrie Kavanaugh / Interviewer: Rufino Cabang (PackPeople)
Spreading the word can help save lives! If you liked the interview please share it with your community by clicking the Facebook and Twitter icons at the bottom of this article or feel free to leave a comment. Thank you.
You also might be interested in: Maddie’s Fund Interview or Website: No Kill NOW! or No kill Advocacy Center or The No Kill Network – List of No – Kill Shelters and Rescues or The No Kill Nation Blog
- A powerful documentary film - The practice of puppy mills - Please help sharing!
- The sweetest way to help dogs in need - Interview with Rescue Chocolate
- Raise Funds with Pure Gold - Celebrate Pets and Books
- An animal professional educates the public - Interview with Lorna from PupQuest [Audio]
- Saving hundreds of stray animals' lives in Romania - Interview with The Nature Association [Video]
- How to use a prong collar and choke chain I'm shocked how people use prong collars (pinch collar)...
- Owls Everywhere – What’s Happening? I don't know if I'm mistaken, but I see OWLS everyw...
- Handmade leather dog collars by California Collar Co. in Los Angeles California Collar Co. is a small artisan-run business ...