Some plants do help others can kill.
Garden toxins or medicines. Do the garden and backyard check! Flowers, plants and herbs can help you dog or harm your dog. How to know which are good and which are not.
Here are some of my own and my friends experiences listed. Sometimes my Dogue de Bordeaux, Samson, is like a cow. He eats grass and greens in the backyard, he meditates under plants and chills for hours in the grass on the same spot. He taught me that some plants can help dogs to feel better with some health issues.
I followed him and paid attention to the plants he ate. I searched the internet to find the plant he usually eats, when he has stomach issues or diarrhea.
NOT, very dangerous. If you suspect your pet has eaten any of these plants, call your vet immediately and hurry!
- Autumn Crocus
- Hyacinth / Tulip Bulbs
- Sago Palm
- Daffodil Bulbs
- Baits & Fertilizers
- Avocado leaves, seeds fruit and bark
ASPCA is providing a very extensive list of all toxic and non-toxic plants.
GOOD, let him go! Samson’s favorites, I never told him to eat.
- Goldenrod (Solidago canadensis or Solidago virgaurea), he loves to eat this plant outside on walks. He just picks the green leaves of this plant and chews them with pleasure. I trusted Samson and tried them as well, the leaves taste so bitter. I didn’t know what he had eaten, so i found out that Goldenrod is used to treat urinary tract inflammation and to prevent or treat kidney stones. Now, guess what? Samson has urinating problems.
Usually dogs exactly know which plant is toxic or non-toxic. Mother nature and dog’s instinct helps them to find the right plant.
- Just do it! Audio interview with Kish from 4 Luv of Dog Rescue
- Missy's story - The girl from the 405 Freeway, L.A.
- Interview with Dogster's Top Dog Ted Rheingold - Helping Dogs and Cats Get Adopted Every Da...
- Has your dog gone Postal? Will no treat satisfy her/him?
- Animal Welfare in the Philippines - Tina's love for animals
- How to use a prong collar and choke chain I'm shocked how people use prong collars (pinch collar)...
- Owls Everywhere – What’s Happening? I don't know if I'm mistaken, but I see OWLS everyw...
- Handmade leather dog collars by California Collar Co. in Los Angeles California Collar Co. is a small artisan-run business ...