A Facebook post on packpeople’s fan page led me to this year’s American Kennel Club’s show results. Even though I’m not a huge fan of dog shows, I was interested to know more about the community. Breeders, proud handlers and overexcited owners get the ribbons with the highest rankings and strive to present the most beautiful and flawless dog on earth. Show Dog: The Charmed Life and Trying Times of a Near-Perfect Purebred gives an excellent insight into this community, as accomplished writer Josh Dean follows ‘Jack,’ an Australian Shepherd, on his journey to the big leagues at Westminster.
I wanted to understand the hype around it, and that’s the reason we contacted Josh Dean for an interview. We had the great pleasure of hearing this excellent journalist and editor share about this first book of his, and why he decided to write about show dogs.
Show Dog – Interview with author Josh Dean by PackPeople NEW: We’ve made it even easier to listen to our audio interviews! This audio is 31.16 minutes of highly interesting and educational content. Use the little flags in the blue bar in the SoundCloud Player to navigate through the questions and content. Get this interview as a Podcast here.
Qualify to win a copy of ‘Show Dog’ here. You can’t wait? Buy it here: Show Dog: The Charmed Life and Trying Times of a Near-Perfect Purebred
About the interviewee: Josh Dean is a magazine writer and veteran editor at various known magazines. He currently does not own a dog of his own (we hope he’ll change this soon:) and lives with his wife and son in Fort Greene, Brooklyn. He is a member of the US elephant member team and obsessed with international soccer.
Animal books by Jeffrey Moussaieff – This is our pick:
The Dog Who Couldn’t Stop Loving: How Dogs Have Captured Our Hearts for Thousands of Years
Dogster – www.dogster.com
NBC Universal’s site www.petside.com
For more information check the http://showdogthebook.com
Facebook: Josh Dean
Facebook: Jack the Show Dog
If you liked the interview please share it with your community or feel free to leave a comment. Thank you for making an impact!
- A Closer Look at the French Bulldog Rescue
- Unlimited veterinary care and pet services in San Francisco - Interview with Pets Unlimited
- In Praise of Golden Retrievers - Interview with Sandy from GRCGLA Rescue
- Philadelphia shelter animals, homeless teens gain mutual benefits - Interview with Rachel Cohen
- Interview with 'Pinups for Pitbulls' - Advocacy and Artwork
- How to use a prong collar and choke chain I'm shocked how people use prong collars (pinch collar)...
- Owls Everywhere – What’s Happening? I don't know if I'm mistaken, but I see OWLS everyw...
- Handmade leather dog collars by California Collar Co. in Los Angeles California Collar Co. is a small artisan-run business ...